September 2015 Minutes
Knights of Columbus Meeting (September 17, 2015)
Rosary @ 6:30, 7:00 meal, call to order @ 7:30 PM
Meal prayer by Fr. Dominic, Opening prayer by Dale Limoges
Roll call — absent were our Advocate, Lecturer, Treasurer and Grand Knight
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Godwin, 2nd by Reed.
Grand Knight’s Report: (By our Deputy Grand Knight – Kendall Geneser) Appreciation for those attending the Knights meeting, appreciation for the past Hot Rods and Hogs event benefiting the Granger American Legion. Still working on scheduling Officers meetings. Thank your cards/letters shared and passed around for one of our College Scholarships Maggie Bermel and from InnerVisions Healthcare for our continual support.
District Deputy’s Report: None
Treasurer’s Report: None, however Checking balance is $6,687 — Endowment CD @ $15,703 – plus a 6-Mo. Certificate of Deposit @ $1,000 — Invoices to be paid include Columbia Spires @ $36 and Supreme – Per Capita Advertising @ $475.25, also received a $200 donation from Don Beneventi.
Financial Secretary’s Report: None
- Quick update on tootsie roll sales and the Hot Rods and Hogs event on August 8th — payment to Granger American Legion to be finalized.
- Mother’s Day carnations $200 contribution, approved on 04/16/15, payment had not been provided, validating and will issue check if appropriate.
- Pancake breakfast taking place this weekend (Saturday, September 19th) from 7:00 to 10:00, Granger Days parade takes place at 10:00.
- Pancake breakfast dates for this winter are being fine-tuned by Ken Welch, considering biscuits and gravy for one breakfast, most likely will not do an omelet breakfast.
- Halloween – Principal Pezzetti has suggested a Halloween Trunk Idea with a safe zone in the Assumption parking lot with car trunks offering spooky tricks and treats. If this materializes for Beggars’ Night, would like for the Knights to assist.
- Bingo in the Park (Granger Days) taking place this Saturday, September 19th from 2-4, assistance needed.
- BRAG (Bike Ride Around Granger) will take place on Friday, October 2nd. The Knights have donated in the past, motion to once again give $500 by Dale Limoges, 2nd by J Bermel, approved.
- Hot Rods and Hogs – Motion to provide $1,200 to Granger American Legion by J Bermel, discussion and amended to $1,000, re-motioned, 2nd by T Slack, approved.
- Teen Walk for the Cure, discussion by K Welch, motion to donate $100 for this worthy cause by M Reed, 2nd by D Merry, approved.
- InnerVisions Healthcare is having a dinner dance on September 19th, Knights has donated the purchase of a table, need to fill, contact J Henkels if interested.
- Trap Shoot on September 26th , organized by the Creston Council to benefit the LC Clinic, the local pregnancy care center.
- 4th Degree update by K Wiley
- Iowa Catholic Radio – Care-A-Thon taking place, $250 donation motion by S Godwin, 2nd by J Bermel, approved.
Good of the Order = Two individuals were mentioned to keep in our prayers.
Closing Prayer by Jodi Bermel
Next Meeting = October 15th
Adjourned at 8:07 PM
Respectfully submitted, Merlyn Wiese — Worthy Recorder