7:30 PM Start with opening prayer – The meeting took place following a rosary and dinner.
Roll Call: Absent was Advocate – Joe Fernandez
Reading of the Minutes: Motion and second to accept minutes from August.
Grand Knight Report: Reminder, no rosary present during monthly meeting, then a $1 fine/collection for vocations – pennies from heaven. Thank you letter received from our $1,000 Scholarship recipient Savannah Carroll. Other noteworthy item was praise for ISU beating Iowa football this year (20 to 17). Appreciation to Arlo Klocke for the stainless steel work in the kitchen for the dishwasher.
Chaplain Report: Seven Sacraments and the symbols/visible signs they provide (Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders and Anointing of the Sick)
District Deputy: Star Council Award 2013 – 2014 Fraternal Year provided to Grand Knight – Shannon Godwin – Congratulations! / Let Joe Henkels know of any potential new Knights. October 16th will be a 1st Degree at Assumption. October 12th will be a 2nd & 3rd Degree at St. Mary’s in Elkhart. October 25th will be a 4th Degree Exemplification at Saints John & Paul – Altoona.
Treasurer and Financial Secretary Report: $8,018 in checking, $13,352 in CD (still working on some financial options by Mark Reed); deposits of $865.92 from tootsie roll. No outstanding bills; just received invoice for new freezer @ $741.01.
- Christ our Life – September 20th & 21st
- Bike Ride Around Granger (BRAG) September 19th
- Football Frenzy tickets @ $10 Donation
- Granger Days – Pancake Breakfast (Need volunteers), Parade @ 10 with KofC float (Tom Schenk’s pickup), BINGO from 1-3 in Assumption Gym
- K of C Volunteer Hours — Kendall Geneser provided forms and tracking.
- Bishop, Brats & Beer on October 2nd, sponsored by Social Justice & Adult Faith.
- Christ Renews his Parish – Men’s weekend October 25th-26th
- Bible Study – 1 hr in length, Mondays @ 8:30, Wednesdays @ 5 & 7
- Catholic Renewed Series – Starts October 5th
- Free Throw Contest – sponsors are Jerrod Robinson and Bret Posegate
- Joppa Outreach – Down & Out Homeless Fundraiser Des Moines – Donation of $250 to offset costs — motion / 2nd / approved
- BRAG Donation of $500 — motion / 2nd / approved
Good of the Order:
Motion to close the meeting, seconded, followed with closing prayer at 8:25