Called to order – 8:20
Officers Roll Call: Not present – Jamie Wahl – Merlyn Wiese – Dale Limoges
Minutes: Motion to waive the reading – Motion; 2nd; approved
GK Report: Missed last meeting. Thanks to Kendall for filling in. Auction Committee still needs help with auction (bartending?). Keep Christ in Christmas Contest with the Kids is coming up; more on that in Nov. Tonight’s Meal – prepared by Ken Welch and Dave Owen
District Deputy Report: n/a
Treasurer’s Report: $8,900 in checking, $15,703 in endowment – CD renewed and added $1000 for 2015 activities. Outstanding Liabilities: $1,000 to the American Legion (approved in Sept. of ’15), & $200 for the Mothers Day Flowers (approved back in April of ’15).
- PID/Tootsie Roll came to $2,832. Motion by Joe Henkels (2nd John Simms) to split tootsie roll money, NON STATE FAIR MONEY, 50% for Special Olympics / 25% Camp Sunnyside / 25% On With Life. All money raised at State Fair goes to Special Olympics, as they sponsor the booth we use.
- Pancake Breakfast: Four, maybe five breakfast dates needed per year. Granger Days 2015, Catholic Schools Week 2016, & the Fall 2015 Book Fair are scheduled or have been done. We need one, if not two other dates. Council agreed to let GK Risvold talk to the Parish Administrator and the Parish Secretary to schedule another date. Council agreed that four should be OK.
- Request from Cathy Davidson: RE and the School are asking for $200 for religious/educational DVD set. Motion from Ken Welch to donate $101 for RE (2nd by Dave Owen); Approved.
- Coats for Kids: 12 coats in a box – smaller kids sizes – 2 boxes per year. Purchase Mittens and Hats to go with the coats? Dave Owen moved to have the Council purchase 2 boxes of coats, authorize $400, using excess money to purchase hats and mittens (Joe Fernandez 2nd); Approved.
- Auction: Have Knights hang up outdoor Christmas Lights: Oudoor Only – We proivde the ladders – Proi own lights. Council didn’t like. MOTION: To provide live nativity scene with caroling for 3 hours by Joe Henkels – 2nd Dave Owen: Approved
- Auction is in need of liquid cash. Motion: Ken Welch $300 to the Auction Committee – Tony Slack 2nd. Approved.
- Goal to cut abortion rate in 1/2 over next 5 years. Spend Money efficiently. Couple in Missouri opened 9 ultrasound centers in Missouri. Motion to donate $1000 to state K of C to be used to purchase ultrasounds for pregnancy center, by Mark Reed – Second by Dennis Wright. Approved.
- Joppa Outreach Christmas Party – Last Year 331 people – Julie VanBrocklin taking over the Christmas Party. December 21st. Motion for $1500 for the Joppa Christmas Party Meal: 2nd by Tom Letsch – Approved.
- Father Dominic – needs a few knights to help him organize his garage. To be scheduled.
Faith Formation: Deacon Dennis Wright
Look up document on culture of life on USCCB website. Cannot be oblivious to how we choose leaders who don’t support the rights of the unborn. There are moral consequences.
Good of the order:
Tom Letsch: Pumpkin pancake breakfast: Unbelievable for pumpkin pancakes.
Jodi Bermel: Parish sending out rediscovering Jesus Books – $600 for shipping and handling.
Taking personal donations
Ken Welch: Iowa chops and stuffing for next month, 11/19/15.
Prayers for Darlene Limoges, who broke her leg – she’s at Methodist downtown
Closing Prayer: GK Risvold
Meeting Closed: 9:15
Minutes resp. submitted by Worthy Trustee Shannon Godwin.