Knights of Columbus Meeting (November 20, 2014)
Called to order at 7:28 pm
Opening prayer by Tom Schenk
Roll call — absent were Chancellor and Outside Guard
Chaplain’s message: Topic for discussion was “Sin”; categories of Mortal and Venial. The Sacrament of Reconciliation asks for forgiveness from God but also asks for forgiveness from the community.
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Slack, 2nd by Risvold.
Grand Knight’s Report: Officer’s meeting to be scheduled in December (Sunday 12/14 following pancake breakfast). 12/21 = Joppa Outreach Christmas, collection of gifts – Wreaths across America to be held at Veteran’s cemetery on 12/13.
District Deputy’s Report: State Family meeting scheduled for early December, suggest new members.
Treasurer’s Report: $8,693 in checking, $13,352 in endowment. Tootsie Roll drive collected $2,741.22 –10% goes to State. Approximately $2,000 proceeds distributed 50% to Special Olympics, 25% to Camp Sunnyside and 25% to On With Life.
Financial Secretary’s Report: Recap members — Two members transferred out, one withdrawn and one new member.
- Coats for Kids – Don’t anticipate receipt of coats until December or January
- Pancake Breakfasts – discussed schedule 12/14, 1/04 and 1/25 (start of Catholic Schools Week) and possibly 2/08. Possibly adding sausage, biscuits and gravy.
- Kitchen – range hood filters/screens to be pressure washed
- Keep Christ in Christmas – Poster Contest – motioned & 2nd for $250 for metals or trophies.
- AV System – Rent for Christmas @ $600 – motioned and 2nd
- Dowling requested donation to sponsor after prom activities – Donation of $50 motioned and 2nd
- American Legion support – InnerVisions Health Care saved 244 babies – Joppa Outreach Christmas — by Joe Henkels
- Iowa Catholic Radio – received thank you note
- Christ our life conference – by Jodi Bermel plus “tiny saints” cards for purchase
- Granger Praise Festival – by Travis Risvold – K of C will no longer be the provider of food, requested $100 to support food service, motion by Tom Schenk and 2nd by Tony Slack.
- Volunteer Tracking – by Kendall Geneser, 1,724 hours currently calculated
- Tamanique Outreach – by Dan Merry, $330 scholarships to aide transportation for one student, motioned for one scholarship by Dan Merry, 2nd by Tony Slack
- Calendar – Nov 30th = Advent, Dec 8th = Immaculate Conception
- Auction Committee – by Travis Risvold, request for members to step up to assist for next auction scheduled June 6, 2015. This is a significant fundraiser for the parish.
Good of the Order: two individuals were mentioned to keep in our prayers
Adjourned at 8:35pm