The meal served at 7:00 PM and the meeting started at 7:30
Roll Call: Absent were Wade Derry, Dale Limoges, Troy Koester and Deacon Tom Schenk
Reading of the Minutes: Motion and second to accept minutes from July
Grand Knight Report: First Degree scheduled for early June on Monday Night at All Saints.
Chaplain Report: None
District Deputy Report: IA State KofC Golf Tournament – June 21st. Lake Creek Country Club in Storm Lake. Yellow Ribbon Airplane Pull this Saturday, May 17th at 10:30am – Ankeny Airport.
Treasurer Report: $11,400.00 in checking. 13,319.00 in CD. Roughly $8500 raised in the fish fry. CD Due next Month at June 7th. Discussion about investing money with the Catholic Foundation of SW Iowa. Higher Interest with no lock in.
Financial Secretary Report: 23 members not current with dues – our cost is approximately $18 to 20 per member.
1. Brother Knights worked the Care-a-thon at Iowa Catholic Radio and raised $1,800 in two hours.
2. State convention in the books and Council 12130 is officially in the record books by seconding the last motion of the meeting.
3. College Scholarship winners – Savanna Carroll, Elizabeth Godwin and Colin Creighton
4. Auction Report – updates on auction items and raffle tickets
1.) Charlie Reiseling to speak at next meeting on behalf of Amanda the Panda
2. Praise Festival June 22nd. Will need a few knights to help serve food. Ken Welch will do a lot of the cooking. Knights agreed to fund up to $300 for food.
3. Discussion about helping a brother Knight who is joining the Franciscan Friars. He must be debt free to join this order. Fundraising ideas were discussed.
4. Jody Bermel – Monthly Adoration & Benediction May 20th 6-7 pm
Good of the Order
Discussed potential candidates for “Father Wants You” campaign.
- Warden – Darrin Limoges
- Advocate – Joe Fernandez
- Inside Guard – Dave Watznaur
- Outside Guard – Ken Welch
- Treasurer – Paul Martin
- Recorder – Merlyn Wiese
- Chancelor – Ken Wiley
- Deputy Grand Knight – Travis Risvold
- Financial Secretary – Larry Spellerberg
- Grand Knight – Shannon Godwin
- Lecturer – Tom Schenk
Meeting Closed with a prayer at 8:40