Minutes June 20th 2019
Meeting called to order at 7:30
Officers Roll Call – Absent Tom Letsch, Dan Altier,
Motion to waive the minutes Larry Spellerberg Second by Joe Christiansen
Chaplains Message by Fr. Dominic: Discussion of Ghana Scholarships with photos and letters.
Report from Admissions Committee -N/A
Grand Knight Report:
- Farewell from Kendall after 3 years as Grand Knight met with a standing ovation.
- Brother Pier Gorgio Visting Iowa before going to England for 2 years.
District Deputy Report:
- Dennis informed us that we need just 1 new member by the end of the month. And that Steve Tatz was again an insurance agent for KofC
- Paul Lee is our New State Deputy.
Treasurer Report by Paul Martin
- CD $16,967
- Checking $10,402
- Geneser Feed and Grain Account $7160
- Liabilities up to date and scholarships paid out.
Financial Secretary Report: Absent
- Joe Henkels reminded about the InnerVisions Dinner Dance at Assumption on September 28.
- Motion: by Joe Henkels to fund $500 toward a table at Dinner dance – Second by Ken Welch – Motion Carriedf
- Adult Faith – Monday at 7:00pm – The bible and the sacraments
- Deacon Dennis: Asked for 2,000 Holy Cards and 2,000 Rosary Pamphlets 1/2 in Spanish. Motion by Deacon Denniss, Second by Shannon – Motion Carried.
- Dave Nixon needs new Vests for PID.
- Larry Spellerberg – Breakfast Schedule August 24th 8-10am, September 15th, November 10, October 13 and December 8
- Shannon to update Signup Genius for PID and HOtrods and Hogs.
- Kitchen Cleanup at 8:30 – Saturday the 22nd
- Scholarships discussion – all paid out.
- Campaign parish donated $250 so we matched $250
- Discussion about InnerVisions Gala
- HotRods and Hogs discussion about dropping off fliers.
- KofC $100 donation to the graves of Bishops and Priests
- Second Vote for $1,000 Well project – vote passed – Discussion about an advertised breakfast to help fund our goal.
Good Of The Order
- Installation of Officers Next Month – July – Spouses invoived
- 6:00pm, let Ken know that the wives are coming.
- Need Tony to find the Jewels.
- Disucssion of Fr. Domincs 15th Anniversary of Ordination on August 7th.
- Fr. Ricardo to Speak on December 7th, Iowa Events Center – Council to gather up 20 tickets.
- Joe Christiansen asked about the Fish Fry Committee – Joe, Merlyn, Ken, Travis, and discussion about Craig Gephardt.
- Discussion of Reports due and the Colombian Award
- Feast of the Assumption on August 15th. Need to move the next meeting date due to conflict.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45