June 2015 Minutes
Knights of Columbus Meeting (June 18, 2015)
Installation of new Officers with a 6:00 Mass, followed by 7:00 meal, actual meeting called to order at 7:48 pm
Officers for the new Fraternal year are:
- Advocate Joe Fernandez
- Lecturer Dc. Tom Schenk
- Outside Guard Ken Welch
- Inside Guard Dave Watznauer
- Warden Darrin Limoges
- Treasurer Paul Martin
- Recorder Merlyn Wiese
- Chancellor Jamie Wahl
- Deputy Grand Knight Kendall Geneser
- Financial Secretary Steve Rodriguez
- Grand Knight Travis Risvold
Opening Prayer by Ken Wiley
Roll call — absent was our Lecturer Dc. Tom Schenk, although present for the installation Mass.
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Welch, 2nd by Risvold.
Grand Knight’s Report: Unfortunately no Form 100s were completed, thus no new members on the horizon. Installation Mass/Meeting was moved up one month to June to allow Fr. Remi’s participation. Welcome to all new officers and appreciation for services from current and departing officers. Sincere appreciation expressed from our departing Grand Knight, Shannon Godwin, for the opportunity to serve as our Council’s Grand Knight for the past two years. A First Degree is planned for the July 16th meeting.
District Deputy’s Report: Family Fun Day at the Race Track (Prairie Meadows) will be Sunday, July 19th in the air conditioned pavilion next to the track. Admission is $20/adult ($12/children) with children under 5 at no charge, includes buffet meal (12:45 – 2:00). Race post time is 1:00 PM. Program includes special races – camel/ostrich/zebra.
The John Staebell Memorial Golf Tournament, sponsored by Assembly 3378, is July 12th at Lake Panorama. 4-Person Best Shot, entry fee is $60/person, including dinner and prizes.
This is the last official meeting with our current District Deputy, Tony Slack. Our new District Deputy will be James McNaughton four our District (#26). Appreciation for Tony’s years of service and welcoming Jamie as our new DD. Fr. Dominic is a 4th Degree Knight, thus will be our Chaplin; Fr. Remi will continue as Chaplin for our Assembly 3378.
Treasurer’s Report: $10,438 in checking and $14,593 in endowment/CD. Liabilities include $3,000 for scholarships, $1,000 Endowment, $700 school mission trip.
Financial Secretary’s Report: Twenty-seven members have not paid current dues, two members have requested resignation from the knights. Appreciation for departing Financial Secretary, Larry Spellerberg, willingness to assist new Financial Secretary, Steve Rodriguez.
- Unborn Memorial, moving forward
- Hot Rods and Hogs will take place on August 8th — money raised will benefit the American Legion of Granger to assist wounded warriors and other folks as needed. The hope with the Legion being the beneficiary is greater generosity in donations and attendance. Motioned by Slack for the net profit going to the American Legion, 2nd by Wiley, approved.
- Assumption Golf Tournament is Friday, July 24th at The Legacy Golf Club in Norwalk. Encouraging golfers and non-golfers alike to sign up and enjoy.
- Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary will take place on August 15th, including meal, plus opportunity to meet Fr. Dominic and the new Assumption Catholic Principal, Cindy Pezzetti. Assumption Alumni will be invited to attend the Mass and reception to follow. The Knights would like to fund this activity, motioned by Henkels, 2nd by Slack, approved.
- IA16 Quarterly Activity Report is due June 30th.
- Clean up of parish grounds to take place Monday evening, June 22nd, assistance requested.
- Appreciation/going away acknowledgement for Fr. Remi will take place on June 27th and 28th following Masses.
Steve Tatz, our Insurance Agent, present and mentioned record volume of life insurance issued.
Good of the Order = none
Closing Prayer by Ken Wiley
Next Meeting = July 16th
Adjourned at 8:17 pm