December 2015 Minutes
Knights of Columbus Meeting (December 17, 2015)
Rosary @ 6:30, call to order @ 7:03 PM; meal followed meeting
Roll call — absent were our Treasurer – P. Martin, Warden – D. Limoges, Trustee #1 – D. Merry and Trustee #2 – T. Koester
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by M. Reed, 2nd by J. Henkels
Grand Knight’s Report: Second and third Degree taking place at St. Luke’s (Ankeny) on January 10, 2016. Sioux City will be hosting the 57th Annual K of C Bowling Tournament the weekends of February 20 & 21, 27 & 28 and March 5 & 6
Treasurer’s Report: Checking balance is $1,707 — Endowment CD @ $15,703
Financial Secretary’s Report: Invoices prepared for the 2016 fraternal year, please take to avoid mailing, payments this evening also appreciated. Thanks to previous Financial Secretary, Larry Spellerberg, for his assistance.
- Knights Breakfasts – Scheduled for January 10th (biscuits & gravy) and January 31st (pancakes).
- Free Throw Contest (ages 9-14) scheduled for January 15th, pizza provided.
- Fr. Dominic’s Installation Mass with Bishop Pates — meal/reception following the January 16th Mass, breakfast/reception on January 17th (both Masses).
- Joppa Outreach Christmas Party is December 21st, catering by the Knights and Ken Welch. Looking for assistance for food prep (Assumption school) and meal serving (downtown Des Moines – East Village @ 500 E Locust). Homeless are bused from rally being held at the State Capitol and from camps.
- Live Nativity Scene taking place on Sunday, December 20th (6 to 8) in front of the school.
- Bingo at the Granger Nursing Home @ 2:00 PM, Sunday December 20th.
Closing Prayer by Grand Knight, Travis Risvold (adjourned @ 7:25 PM )
Meal with the Catholic Women’s Club, meal prayer by Dc. Dennis Wright
Next Meeting = January 21st