August 2015 Minutes
Knights of Columbus Meeting (August 20, 2015)
Rosary @ 6:30, 7:00 meal, call to order @ 7:30 PM
Roll call — absent were our Advocate, Treasurer and Chancellor.
Reading of minutes from previous meeting was waived, motion by Slack, 2nd by Reed.
Grand Knight’s Report: A HUGE THANKYOU goes out for Hot Rod and Hogs and to all Knights for their assistance and support, with a special mention and gratuity to Ken Welch and Shannon Godwin. Net profit of $1,252 benefiting the Granger American Legion. Knights welcome to Fr. Dominic, appreciate his presence.
District Deputy’s Report: Upcoming events include a Trap Shoot organized by the Creston Council taking place in Afton, IA on September 26th. The next state convention will be in Des Moines on April 15-17, 2016, at the downtown Marriott, looking for seed money as our Council has so graciously provided in the past.
Treasurer’s Report: None
Financial Secretary’s Report: None
- Hot Rods and Hogs event was August 8th – bills remaining were $77.22 food, $1,311.70 food and $600 for new roasters offset by $500 donation from Mark Reed for Knights catering of wedding reception. Motion for full payment by Slack for reimbursements, 2nd by Sims, approved.
- Outstanding bills of $54.06 for communion bread, plus $103 for back to school meet and greet. Motion by Reed, 2nd by Watznauer, approved.
- Tootsie Roll Drive, donations of approximately $1,500 between Casey’s (Granger) and Fareway (Grimes), per Dave Nixon. Our Council will be at the IA State Fair on Friday, August 21st from 3:00 to 9:00, shifts are full but extra help appreciated if at the Fair.
- InnerVisions Healthcare is having a dinner dance on September 9th. Henkels motion to buy a table @ $320 for 16 Knights or 8 couples, 2nd by Bermel, approved.
- Volunteer hours need to be tracked, provide to Kendall Geneser.
- Adult Faith Bible Study per Tom Letsch, four weekly sessions, Sunday nights @ 7:00, Wednesday nights @ 5:00 and 7:00, plus Monday mornings following Mass.
- Ken Welch has offered to prepare meals at future Knights monthly meetings, with the assistance of Knights already scheduled, motion by Welch, 2nd by Slack, approved. Thanks Ken!
- Insurance Agent – Steve Tatz has moved on, in the interim our General Agent Shawn Still will handle any insurance needs for our council members. Shawn can be reached at 319-668-2226.
- Still looking for members to join the Auction Committee, goal for fall auction is $30 K profit, recent golf outing profit was $9 K.
Good of the Order = Couple of individuals mentioned to keep in our prayers for recovery or for recent loss of a family member.
Closing Prayer by Dc. Tom Schenk
Next Meeting = September 17th
Adjourned at 8:13PM